Friday, August 11, 2006

Thursday Run + Some book Stuff

Went for an abbreviate run at Valley Forge on Thursday after work because we were in a hurry to get home to watch a lame Eagles pre-season game. We're such losers to be so football starved that we adjusted our plans for that!

Anyway, I ran maybe 3 miles? I didn't even bother to time it although I did try to make myself run fast since I wasn't going as far. It felt really good!

I'm leaving on vacation for the next week and won't have a computer so there will be no posts (not that there have been many lately anyway)!

I should get lots of miles in while I'm at the shore though so look forward to some reports when I get back.

I also got two new books to read and review from FreshWritersBooks which is an organization that encourages and helps high school students write books that actually get published! How about that!

One of their winning books is about a high school cross country team:



and the other is a novel and retelling of A Midsummer Nights Dream called Celtic Night.


They sent me the books hoping I'd review them here and they'd get some publicity in the blogosphere -- so stay tuned! I hope they're good!

No comments: