Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The Gym

I finally joined a gym. This means that I will be able to run in inclement weather and in the dark. No more excuses.

It also means that I might start to do strength training. I've been saying I was going to start strength training since I started planning my wedding -- I've been married for 3 years and I still haven't started! I am the Queen of Procrastination!

I hope this will help me win the Survivor challenge. I am one of the top dogs remaining (gotta love a challenge slanted in favor of the mid-pack runners!) after the merge so I've got to kick it into high gear this week. I'm the only girl left so that makes me want to win just a tiny bit more than before.

Unfortunately, I also have a pesky calf injury so I might have to run even slower than usual or walk to get in the miles. I guess they all count though in the Nike world.

No comments: