Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Running, Nike Survivor, and the Bachelor

I've been logging a lot of miles but they haven't all been running. In fact, most of them have NOT been running. I've been meeting Brian for walks after work and while I'm not getting my hill workout at VF I'm having a lot of fun just unwinding and talking for an hour outside after work. It's nice and I'm not quite ready to give that up in favor of slogging over those hills. I probably should though.

I had a hard but good workout on Saturday, about 11 miles, broken up into a couple of different legs to satisfy my Nike+ challenges. It was overall pretty good but strange. I started slow, walking with Brian but then got really too fast for myself (because of the music I was listening to I think) and I never really got into a good rhythm. The strange part is that overall it was a fast workout even though I had to stop for walking more than usual.

This week I'm trying to win the Survivor challenge on Nike+. That took me out for a walk on Sunday at a set of nearby trails that we've never explored before. Monday I couldn't log anything but last night I did the VF loop and tonight I plan to hit the treadmill for a more focused running workout. It'll be really fun if I win!

We watched the Bachelor last night and Brian commented that Andy has the "biggest lower chest I've ever seen". That's a strange comment and yet it's true! He looks very strange with his shirt off -- it's like he's got unusually large muscles over his ribs and then a tiny waist. It's also totally bugging me that they all say tri-ath-a-lon. I thought that was a huge pet peeve of the tri-folk. I thought it should be called tri-athlon. Even Andy says it and who am I to argue with a 6 time Ironman?

I'm not sure who he's going to pick but right now I like Tessa best. She's cute, a triathlete, and finds the whole concept of the show upsetting and bizarre, which is the only normal seeming attitude one could have about that dumb show.

No comments: