Thursday, August 02, 2007

Death-eaters at work?

I am a horrible person because the more I read about the bridge collapse in Minnesota, the more I keep thinking about the first chapter of the Half Blood Prince where Fudge is explaining to "the other minister" that it's Lord V. and the death-eaters who are causing all kinds of problems in the muggle world. One of the primary examples is a completely unexplained bridge collapse.

It's such an awful, real-life thing that I feel guilty associating it with a book but I still can't stop thinking it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you know you are a true harry potter fan when you relate real life events to harry potter. but it would be a lot better if this event was fictional instead of real life.

Blaine Moore said...

Given the state of the bridge when it collapsed, I don't think that it was all that unexplained at all.

Bridges are pretty amazing feats of engineering, and they don't last forever, especially with the relatively new stresses of traffic that we impose on them.