Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Spending money is so easy on the Internet...

I just blew about $300 in just about 5 minutes.

First, I registered two of us for the Philadelphia Half-Marahon and then I bought a pair of "limited edition" hiking poles. Is that the most ridiculous way to spend money?

I am pretty skeptical of the whole hiking pole thing but it seems as if most folks in the Megatransect use them and that they are highly reccommended for the Grand Canyon hike. I was shocked when I saw how expensive they were at REI.

Today, when I was over at the website for the American Hiking Society I saw these nifty limited run of LEKI poles that have the snazzy AHS logo on them (it looks like a boot print). I loved the cool print but the price tag is what really sold me. A bargain (HA!) at $67.50. The cheapest I saw at REI was $59 and that wasn't a LEKI, which seems to be the unquestioned best.
Hopefully they'll arrive before we head up to the Grand Canyon of PA next week.


1 comment:

sunny100 said...

Exactly!! Spending money online is so easy when it is online shopping. I had to participate in my college soccer and bought Soccer shoesonline. Never since the game is over, i used it. Still it looks new after years ago. Hahahaa... Cuz I have to use it to make it look old one.