Friday, November 09, 2007

Even more money spent: Garmin 305


In all the excitement over the marathon, I forgot that I bought a Garmin! I got the 305 because I wanted the HRM but I'm not going to use that right away. This weekend I'm planning on taking it for a spin just to figure out how it works, then I can introduce the HRM after the 1/2 marathon on the 18th.

I'm really hoping that this is going to help me steadily pace my long runs and lead to a really good marathon performance someday. I don't expect that performance will come at Disney because of the Goofy Challenge, but it could help if I do a spring marathon. (Right now I'm considering Ocean Drive -- I'll get a new state -- or a repeat in Delaware.)

1 comment:

Stuart said...

Welcome to the 305 club, trust me it takes it to a whole new level!