Thursday, November 01, 2007

Men's Olympic Trials

There are so many interesting guys in this race it's like impossible to choose who will secure one of the top three spots.

I really love Meb Keflezighi for some reason, but he's been a little off his game in his last few marathons. However, I think his luck is going to turn around on Saturday.

I'm also rooting for Brian Sell since I find the whole concept of the Hanson's traning group fascinating and I really want them to succeeed.

Then there is Ryan Hall, the young phenom and his opposite number Mbarak Hussein who is 43 years old! 43! How can I not be rooting for a 43 year old guy to get into the Olympics?!

And then you have Abdi Abdirahman who is super fast and seems to be getting faster every time out.


There are probably a dozen more guys who could take one of the top three spots. It's really an awesome field and I wish I could actually watch it in person but that's just not in cards for me.

No comments: