Saturday, August 06, 2005

Saturday Run/Walk - 9 miles

Well the alarming trend continues. I blew off my early morning group run to sleep in. I haven't been feeling well and the sleep seems to be somewhat beneficial to me.

After spending the morning catching up on chores Brian & I hit the trail in the late afternoon. We were on the Perkiomen on a part of the trail that's beyond where we usually walk. It was gravel and shaded so it was good. The heat and humidity weren't too bad so this ended up being a decent day out.

We started out slowly just getting into things but a little less than halfway into things we stepped up the pace and Brian started his fast walking and I started my running. It wasn't fast, somewhere between 11:44 and 12:00 per mile but it was plenty for my LSD and I'll be content if I can maintain this speed at either/both of the half marathons. All told, we did about 9 miles and I'd guess 6 of them were running miles.

No comments: