Monday, August 22, 2005

Weekend at the Shore

Brian & I headed down the shore this past weekend. It was great -- fabulous weather and very relaxing but it didn't do much for my training schedule, that's for sure.

Saturday we walked a little on the beach and then later to pick up dinner. Strolled is more like it for both outings but the total miles was probably around 4.

Sunday we went for a real "fitness" walk and it was good. The weather was hot, and pretty humid, but nothing a little Gatorade and a cold bottle of water couldn't cure. I think the walk only covered 5 miles or so but it felt good. I met a couple other 3-Day walkers who were finishing up 18 miles when I saw them and another woman stopped me to say she was a Stage III survivor and that she appreciated the efforts of the walkers. That was nice.

I wore my Supernovas because I didn't want to risk getting sand in my Asics. I can't believe I've worn them for so long because they totally suck compared to the Asics. I even got a blister! On a 5 mile walk!! What's up with that? I actually am very puzzled by the blister -- it's between my 3rd & 4th toes, a place I've never had a problem before. I think there must have been an odd string in my sock or something.

No comments: