Monday, June 06, 2005

Sunday - New Shoes + 8 Miles

Do you love my cool new running shoes? They're pretty hideous but the feel great. At least they felt great in the store -- I haven't actually done any running or walking in them yet so keep your fingers crossed.

I've been so sick of my stupid Supernovas that I needed a change and I hope these were the right choice. Later I'll tell you about the completely frivolous pair of Keen shoes I bought to take to St. Croix. I still might take them back but they are a totally awesome sneaker/water shoe hybrid.

Brian & I went for a walk yesterday that was supposed to be short and kind of easy but turned into 8 miles at a fairly fast pace. It wouldn't have been too bad except that it was close to 90 degrees outside and very humid so we were both kind of grouchy by the end of the trip.

Things got better when we stopped for mexican food and frappuccinos on the way home. I give big thumbs up to the new Mint Mocha Chip Frappuccino as a dessert. Yum!

I was supposed to get up and run this morning but decided not to since I'm a big slug. I can either run tonight or skip it since yesterday wasn't really a rest day. My legs are a little tired -- not painful but I can tell that they've been used so I'm going to play tonight by ear. Tomorrow morning I'll be running for 30 minutes for sure.

1 comment:

Young Dan said...

Keep it up. I did a Team in Training marathon a while back and had a blast. It is always great to have someone there to motivate you. Good luck!