Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Training plans derailed

I was supposed to get up and run hills today but that was not to be. Brian's car died yesterday so I had to drive him to work today while his car is getting fixed.

We came up with a great plan for after work -- I drive from work to Valley Forge and he walks from his office to Valley Forge. This way we both get in our exercise before going to pick up his car at the shop and we miss the worst of the traffic by working out when we'd normally be stuck in gridlock. We are prepared to go with this plan but this morning the very first thing we heard coming out of our radio alarm clock at 6:45 this morning was "If you aren't already done with your outside exercise today, don't bother." It seems that the head/humidity combo is going to be extra horrible today and the weather people are really hammering home the concept of taking it easy. My choices are:

1) suffer through the outdoor hills in the killer heat
2) go home and rig the fan and do the hills on the treadmill
3) skip the workout today, do the hills tomorrow AM

I am leaning towards option three but no decisions have been made yet.

Yesterday I picked up a new water bottle to run with. I don't love the bottle that came with it -- it has a very strange drinking apparatus but the holder itself is very compact and seemed to be the most comfortable at the store. I am looking for it online but I can't remember what the brand is. Something I never heard of before but I know it starts with the letter E.

No comments: