Thursday, May 11, 2006

Sore neck

The pesky neck sprain is improving. I'm on a steady diet of Motrin and it seems to be getting better. I think I should be OK by next weekend. I better be OK by next weekend! I've skipped weeknight runs because of the neck. If it's not raining tonight I might go for a walk but I really don't want to rock the boat. I hope I'll be able to go for a short, flat run on Saturday.

It's really quite amazing how much it hurts! I never really thought about how much you turn your head in the course of a day! Even sleeping is troublesome.

The running store lady told me that the head of Philly Fit is going to host morning runs out of the store during the week. That's kind of interesting as long as there might be some other slowpokes in attendance. Running store lady also told me that there were quite a few beginner runners coming to the weekly night runs so I might consider going sometime. A more likely scenario is that I'll go out on the trail with Brian and try to spy on the running group and then decide if I could show up on another night to join their ranks.

Philly Fit starts next weekend. I still haven't joined because I don't know if I should sign both of us up or just me. I don't know why I'm feeling cheap about it. I should just look at the fee as a way to rack up some frequent flyer miles. Speaking of miles, my race entries for the PDR were put on my new miles card and they haven't shown up yet. I hope they don't lose the entry forms so I'll get the bargain rate for sure.

No comments: