Thursday, October 18, 2007

4.1 miles a day - can I get it done?

When I first signed up with Nike+ (January 1, 2007) I joined a challenge that was to run 1001 miles in one year. I just calculated the status of my efforts and I'm tantalizingly close but I'm still not sure that I'll be able to do it.

As of now I have logged 693.51 miles for the year. That means I have to run (or walk) 4.1 miles per day for the rest of the year to make it to 1001. I think I can do that. I might not like it, but I think I can do it.

Tonight I'm heading to VF so as long as the daylight lasts I should be getting credit for a full loop: 5.5 miles. That would put me 1.4 miles ahead of schedule.

I'm guessing I'll get about 6 miles or so for Urban Dare on Saturday - that's 2 extra miles and then I'll get 9 extra miles on Sunday when I run the virtual half marathon. So by next week I'll only have to do 3.9 miles a day for the rest of the year.

This is going to be a nifty little sub-challenge, isn't it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Helen:

I am running 1001 miles in one year (I started 9/27/07) to benefit Children's Cancer Association, a non profit in my hometown of Portland, OR that provides services to children with cancer and their families nationwide. Please check out my website: www.1001miles.com. I too blog about my progress.

Onward,

Chris Chiacchierini