Monday, October 22, 2007

Water Stop / N+WM Virtual Half marathon

We manned the water stop at mile 16 / 20 for PhillyFit's 21 mile run on Saturday. I was really a lot of fun and I was very happy to see so many happy faces in contrast to the miserable, stiff, grouches who were finishing up their 18 miles last week. There was much improvement and good spirits and a few people decided to take the plunge for the full marathon. Very exciting!

I ran a short 2 mile out and back with a couple of my friends to pick up an easy four miles for the day. It felt great to be able to do that.

Sunday, I got up to run the Nike+ Women's Virtual Half marathon. This was my last long run and I was hoping to feel and perform better than I did at the 18 mile run last week. That run killed my legs until Wednesday! It was terrible.

Sunday was a perfect running day: sunny, cool, breezy. I ran on the Perikiomen trail, Schuylkill River Trail, and the Valley Forge loop (why did I decide that adding 6 miles of hills to the middle of the run would be a good idea?) and I felt great the whole way. My bizarre belly button chafe re-appeared -- I can't figure out what's causing this. nothing seems obvious to me -- but other than that the run was pain free. Monday morning, I felt like I hadn't done a thing, which is exactly what I was hoping for.

I ran at an easy pace, walked on the hills when I had to, but tried to run as much as I could throughout the whole thing and I was thinking so much about New York and how things would be on race day. I really can't wait for the race. I hope I can have a good day.

No comments: