Thursday, May 26, 2005

Late for work but it was worth it!

I forced myself to get out of bed this morning to run and I am so glad I did.

I am amazed at how much easier it is for me to get through a workout in the morning. The time just flies by. I guess it's because I'm still half asleep and my brain's complaining mechanism isn't fully activated yet.

I warmed up for 2 minutes then ran for the next 30 before cooling down for the last 2 or 3 minutes until I got to an even 3 miles for the session.

I started slow and ran in 5 minute blocks upping the speed every 5 minutes until I got to 5.5 and then backed down again in 5 minute blocks until the 30 minutes were up. I'm not sure that's really such a great plan but it seems to keep my mind from completely obsessing over the readouts.

Now that I'm actually at work I'd better do something.

Total time: 35 minutes Total distance: 3 miles

No comments: