Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Morning Run!

This was great!

Brian had to get up to go to a training class so instead of rolling over and trying to sleep for another hour I got up and hit the treadmill. I went for 30 minutes total, 28 of them running, and covered about 2.75 miles. Not bad but I wasn't trying to do anything but get some miles under my belt before work. I'm happy with the effort.

I really can't wait until Philly Fit this weekend so I can put a real plan together.

I've been reading some of my old training logs from 2003 and I'm amazed at how much faster I was running back then. Surprisingly, I'm not discouraged by reading those notes though because while I was able to run at over 6mph I wasn't able to sustain that pace for very long. I can run steady for much longer than I could then and I feel quite sure that I can run a whole 5K and I wasn't able to do that in 2003 despite all the run training. I think I'm being smarter about things this time -- if not smarter, more patient. I don't want to get hurt. I have lots of big goals for the rest of 2005 and I don't want to derail myself early.

I was reading about the Philadelphia Marathon. That's not really a goal at this point. I know my summer/fall is going to be hectic enough and I probably won't want to deal with the marathon training after the 3-Day and vacation. Still....it's very tempting.

No comments: