Tuesday, May 31, 2005

My first real mental test

I'm having a horrible, busy day at work and I should really stay late and get some more stuff done but I think I'm already losing focus at 4:00 and that won't be a very effective plan. Plus, I think the only reason I am considering working late is that I don't want to run when I get home.

I should want to run -- I had a day off yesterday and I feel good today. I have good music and it's nice outside even if I want to skip the treadmill. Brian's playing volleyball so I don't even have to cook dinner when I get home.

I should also be motivated because we're kind of planning a last minute vacation to the Virgin Islands for 4th of July week and I should be interesting in running if I'm going to be in a bathing suit in 4 weeks.

I have to do 35 minutes according to the schedule. I don't know if my brain will be able to pull it off. I'm going to make myself do the 5 minute rule where I get dressed and start the workout for 5 minutes and if I feel crappy or still hate it at that point I can quit. My plan of attack is to go really slow so it won't seem to taxing.

No comments: