Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Treadmill 5K - 34:44

I can not believe it but I think I might have to turn myself into a morning exercise person.

I got home from work tonight, ate a quick snack (TLC crackers by Kashi) and hit the treadmill. I wanted to be sure to run for 30 minutes straight or complete a 5K, whichever came first. (As if I could run a 5K in under 30 minutes!)

From the very beginning it was hard. Not the worst run ever but my legs were beat and my mind was wandering and I just couldn't wait to get off. I resorted to my trick of covering up all the readouts on the treadmill and trying to zone out as best I could but it was still kind of hard. The second half was much easier than the first half so I guess once I got warmed up things were better.

It was so different from the way I felt on Tuesday morning when the run felt great and invigorating and I was pumped up for the rest of the day.

I'm probably not going to run again until the weekend because I have the Philly Fit pace run on Saturday, which I'm guessing is at least 3 miles, and then the Collegeville 5K on Sunday. That's a little more than I'm used to so I think I may walk tonight or tomorrow but no running until the weekend.

Next week, when I have a "real" training plan, I'm going to try to stick with the AM plan.

No comments: