Friday, April 21, 2006

VF Loop Again! How boring!

Valley Forge really is the easiest place for us to meet. Too bad it's so boring to do the same thing every night. I guess it's good to compare how I feel though under such controlled circumstances.

Tonight's run was OK. The weather was great but I guess my fuel wasn't as good because this was more difficult than the last two outings here. Sportbrain gives running distance of 4.1 avg. speed 4.9 and running pace 9:42. Again a total scam because of the downhills.

Speaking of downhills, I find that my "core" muscles hurt by the end of this loop but only on the downhill section at the end. What's even more strange is that they hurt depending on what pants I'm wearing! Isn't that bizarre! If I'm wearing tights, like under armour or something, that are stretchy and supportive, no pain. Regular shorts -- OUCH! I have to like, hold my guts in on that last downhill section. It's just bizarre and kind of embarassing to realize that I need a girdle when I run.

I got my cool "will power" shirt that I hope to wear at the marathon. I might try it out on the long run this weekend. It seems really stiff so I hope it's more comfy once I wear it.

I suppose that's all the news. The weather is supposed to stink this weekend but I hope it's dry enough so we can get in the long run without too much misery.

No comments: