Thursday, April 13, 2006

Catching Up on 2006

Well, it's been quite awhile since I've posted anything here and things have changed.

First of all, the Car-A-Mile marathon got cancelled and I signed up for the Delaware Marathon in it's place. That's coming up quickly: May 21. I'm so not ready for it, but that's pretty typical!

I've signed up for the Love the Half National Challenge where I need to do at least six half-marathon (or longer) races in order to win cool prizes. So far, I've done two races: Caesar Rodney 1/2 in Wilmington and the MORE half marathon in New York. Both of those were pretty good. I had a PR at Caesar despite rain and hills and I wasn't so far off that pace in New York. I really am not a fan of those hills.

I entered the lottery for the New York Marathon! I find out in mid-June if I get into that race and if so, I'm going. If I don't get in I'll probably do the Philadelphia marathon. I need to do a fall marathon to fulfill Love the Half, so that's the logical choice, especially if I do PhillyFit again this year.

I've given up on the Goofy Challenge for 2007 in favor of going to Rock N' roll Arizona with my sister.

I have a busy race schedule coming up too! Check the side bar for details!

No comments: