Sunday, July 23, 2006

Awesome Run W & OD Trail in Virginia

Believe it or not we did actually run!

The W & OD trail is very near my sister's house so we drove over there hoping to do five or maybe six miles. The trail was so nice that we ended up doing more like nine! We started near Purcellville and headed out along a nice shaded mostly flat trail. There was even a llama farm (ranch?) next to the trail for interesting wildlife viewing! We even got to refresh ourselves by picking wild raspberries at the turn around point. Delicious!

The whole outing, including the raspberries and the llama viewing took 1:53. Considering that it was mid-day I'm pretty happy with that.

We got home to find that everybody else had gone out so we threw ourselves into the pool and hung out until the rest of the gang got home and then we had lunch before heading back to Pennsylvania.

I am convinced that this week of low milage made me feel really good on all the runs I took this week. I'm happy with my progress so far!

No comments: