Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I am the worst blogger ever!

Seriously, I totally stink! Here's what you've missed:

Saturday - Philly Fit group run 7 miles

Group met at VF to run early in the morning to try to beat the heat. Things went quite well on this outing - I kept a nice easy pace running with a couple other people and everything felt great and easy despite the high humidity. I had a very slow middle mile when I spent some time running/walking with a couple of walkers who are hoping to turn into runners. Overall it was really good. My watch told me the whole outing took and hour and 10 minutes but I know I didn't start the watch right away so it was probably more than 1 hour 13 or so. That seems so incredibly fast though, that I think that the milage must have been miscalculated. Andrew, one of the coaches, measured it with his GPS and swears it's right so who knows for real what the scoop was.

After the official run Brian and I decided to skip the injury lecture and walked a few extra miles just to get closer to our marathon schedules. We only did two miles and they were slow miles so I don't know that we did much except take in some fresh air.

Later on Saturday it turned into a monsoon day so we were glad to have been outside working out before things got ugly. We've learned that even when we hate getting out of bed in the morning it's usually worth it to do it.

Sunday - 15 miles on the bike

I let my sister & the girls off the hook on the walking since the temperature was supposed to be way over 90 on Sunday. Instead we went for a bike ride and it was AWESOME! I bought my bike about a month before I got into walking/running and I've never really used it as much as I'd like to. Brian loves to ride and says it's the perfect activity for really hot days and I think he's right. We were out for a couple of hours and it only felt hot when we were stopped.

We were mostly on the gravel trail but there are easy paved sections and a couple of places where we could go "off road" and try my luck at a very baby-ish level of mountain biking. It wa totally fun -- even the parts where I got covered in mud. I also felt very cool when I took my bike apart to get it into the car and was able to put it back together again at home. I'd much rather have a bike rack though so I don't have to pop the wheel every time.

Since the bike ride I've had some minor seat related soreness but the rest of the body felt great. I think I might have to make this a regular part of the cross training plan since my Sunday running schedule said to cross train or to run easy. The bike was way more fun (and probably better for my legs) than the run.

Tuesday - HOT HOT HOT

Tonight is a running night for me but since it's supposed to be close to 100 degrees today and since I hope to run a 5K tomorrow night after work I'm skipping it. Maybe I'll do Tae Bo or yoga or something when I get home from work instead.

No comments: