Wednesday, June 21, 2006

After Work Run

Nothing much to report except I ran at Valley Forge last night after work. It was warm but the humidity was way down so it actually turned into a really nice night to be outside.

I ate a marathon energy bar on the drive over and about half a bottle of regular Gatorade so I had tons of energy and felt really good on the run. I'm sticking with the slow and steady plan so I didn't time myself and I tried to run as much as I possibly could although the hills took their usual toll on me in some spots.

At one point I was passed on the uphill by this guy who appeared to be a really fit runner. Imagine my surprise when soon after he passed me he stopped to walk! Unfortunately, he was far enough ahead of me that despite his frequent walk breaks I could never quite catch him. I'm annoyed that I never caught up but kind of glad I didn't force myself to run fast and by doing that screw up my own running plan for the night. It did make me happy that somebody who looks a lot fitter than I do still had to take breaks.

I'm not sure what my plan for the rest of the week will be. Normally I'd take off tonight and run tomorrow but we might drive down to the shore tomorrow and that could interfere with running. I think I might go for a run on the flat tonight while Brian mows the lawn and then I won't feel so bad if skip Thursday. I am determined to do at least two mid-week runs and this seems to be my best shot.

No comments: