Monday, June 26, 2006

Weekend Run - Avalon, NJ

Just an update: I was away for the weekend but I did manage to get in about 8 miles on Saturday morning. This was between rain storms and it took me along the very flat Dune Drive in Avalon. This is part of the Ocean Drive marathon course and let me tell you -- it's BORING. And this is in the middle of the season. I shudder to think how dull it would be on race day.

It was pretty cool but exceptionally humid so the run was tough towards the end but mostly it felt really good and it was nice having the option of hurling myself into the ocean when I was done running. I didn't actually do that but I thought about it constantly for the last mile. As it turns out ice cold Gatorade was a good enough post run reward.

Thursday night before heading down the shore we went out on the Perkiomen for an easy 4 miles. We would have gone farther but it was too dark so we couldn't. Secretly, I was thrilled because it was super humid and pretty unpleasant. The most intersting part of the Thursday run was testing out the new "damn the torpedoes" bra that I ordered from the Terry bikes website. It's a very peculiar contraption but I think it worked pretty well!

Today (Monday) I can sign up for the NYRR training program online. It's a waste of money but I can't wait to do it.

No comments: