Wednesday, June 28, 2006

"No Whining!" or "Rain is your friend"

Last night against my better judgement and despite the satellite forecast that we both looked at, Brian and I decided to go for a run.

We are fools. It's been raining for about 5 days in Pennsylvania and while we were eating dinner we had a brief dry spell. We got changed, drove to the trail, and the second we got out of the car, the rain started falling again.

At first, it was just light drizzle. I wanted to give up but Brian said "oh, it'll blow over" and I kind of believed him. It didn't blow over -- it just got harder. About five minutes into our adventure we were already completely soaked so we decided to keep going until we could see the river and check out it's flood stage. It was flooded. No kidding! I complained bitterly about being out in this storm the entire time. Brian kept hitting me with the "no whining" line that is on the Philly Fit t-shirts and the "rain is your friend" quote from some old TNT person.

The rain alternated between intense downpour and regular rain until we made it back to the car. The sportbrain gives us credit for 2.8 miles. I would have guessed a little less than that, but I'll accept the extra distance since the conditions were so awful.

Oddly, the whole experience was kind of fun. Still, I don't see me running any marathons in that kind of weather.

1 comment:

ShoreTurtle said...

I've had enough of the rain! We're going down the shore in two weeks. I'm hoping that the neverending rain takes a break. Good for you two to try for a run. It's hard to be motivated.